Thai prawn salad
- 1 sachet microwave brown rice or 250g pack readycooked brown rice (we used Tilda)
- 100g (3½oz) frozen soya beans
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 8 large mint leaves
- 200g (7oz) pack cooked peeled prawns, drained
- Salt, or soy sauce, and freshly ground black pepper
Instead of celery, use a quarter of a cucumber, diced. This salad could be served warmed, if you preferSue McMahon, Cookery Editor at Woman's Weekly
- Cook the rice in the pack in the microwave, according to pack instructions. Leave to cool while you cook the beans.
- Put the beans in large bowl, add 5 tablespoons warm water, then microwave on Full power for 3 minutes. Drain of the water, rinse in cold water and drain again, putting them back in the bowl.
- Mix in the rice, then the celery, chilli sauce, lime juice, torn or shredded mint leaves and prawns. Season to taste with salt, or soy sauce, and pepper.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 386(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.