Salmon in sesame crust
Skill level: Easy peasy
For a super healthy weeknight meal that tastes beautiful but is ready in minutes, give this tasty salmon recipe a go. Salmon is a superfood thanks to its rich nutrients, including the omega-3 fatty acids it contains which are great for heart health and lowering cholesterol. Using either bok choy of spinach helps to give this dish another healthy element thanks to the green vegetables. Bok choy is a type of Chinese cabbage that is a great source of vitamin C, A and K, while spinach is also a great way to include more vitamins in your diet. This healthy and delicious Oriental-style salmon recipe is ready in just 12 minutes and when eaten as part of the SureSlim diet programme, could help you lose weight too.
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- Salmon fillet
- 150g baby bok choy or English spinach
- 2tbsp EatSlim Asian marinade
- 2tbsp EatSlim chilli sauce
- ½tsp EatSlim Thai spice
- Salt and pepper to season
To increase the servings to include the rest of the family, simply times the ingredients by how many servings are required.
- To make this superfood recipe, coat the flesh side of the fish with combined Thai spice and ½tbsp of the sesame seeds.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with olive oil and cook the fish on a medium heat, seeded side down for 3 mins or until the seeds are golden. Turn gently and cook until the fish is cooked as desired (approx 1-2 mins).
- Meanwhile steam the baby bok choy or English spinach for 1-1½ mins. Combine the Asian Dressing and chilli sauce and toss through the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables on serving plates, sprinkle with the remaining ½tsp sesame seeds and top with the salmon.