Easy couscous salad
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
This easy couscous salad recipe is really quick and simple to make - there's no cooking involved, just soak the couscous in stock for 10 minutes, then mix in loads of crunchy veg. A great idea for picnics and packed lunches. This recipe serves 4 people and works out at only 303 calories per portion. This light and easy couscous is the perfect side dish at a BBQ. This salad is packed full of veggies and fruit including apricots, red onion, sweetcorn and cucumber - amazing flavours that all work really well together. This delicious couscous salad can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container and kept for 2 days.
Try serving this salad with a dollop of thick Greek yogurt flavoured with chopped mint and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- 200g couscous
- 270ml hot vegetable stock
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 340g can sweetcorn, drained
- ¼ cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Juice ½ lemon
- 3tbsp chopped parsley
- 2tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Put the couscous into a large bowl add the stock. Cover and leave to soak for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare all the vegetables and put them in another bowl with the apricots, add the olive oil and lemon juice, season and mix together.
- Use a fork to fluff up the couscous then add the vegetable mixture, the chopped parsley and seeds. Toss together and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 303(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 1.5g
- Sugars 12.0g
- Salt 0.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.