Chicken and spring onion stir-fry
Skill level: Easy peasy
Less than 15 minutes to cook? This chicken and spring onion stir fry is your solution! It's tasty, healthier than a takeaway and it's absolutely delicious! It ticks all of the boxes and is a must for tonight's dinner. Make it for four people, or make a bigger batch and refrigerate once it's cooled so you can enjoy it the following day for lunch or dinner again if you're short on time! If you like a spicy stir-fry, feel free to add freshly sliced chillies to your recipe for a little added fire too! Make sure you've got spring onions in your fridge for this fail-safe stir-fry recipe that can be whipped up in no time.
- 1tbsp oil, for frying
- 400g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 sachets oyster and spring onion stir-fry sauce
Use groundnut (peanut) oil to stir-fry as it has a high burning point.
- Heat the oil in a wok until hot. Add the chicken and cook until tender.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 mins until they start to colour a little.
- Add the oyster and spring onion stir-fry sauce, cook for 30 secs and toss to coat. Serve over egg noodles or rice.