White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake
Cooking time:Chilling time
Skill level: Bit of effort
White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake is a taste sensation! The combination of raspberries and white chocolate is a real dream when it comes to puddings, and it's no different in the form of this cheesecake. Crunch base and really creamy filling, it's such a massive hit every time. This is a really great summer dessert, especially when raspberries are in season - but even if they're not, you can usually buy them year-round in the supermarkets so you don't have to miss out. Enjoy this cheesecake for any occasion, it's sure to bring a smile to someone's face!
IngredientsFor the base:
- 150g (5oz) plain chocolate digestive biscuits
- 60g (2oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 150-250g punnet raspberries
- 2 level teaspoons gelatine
- 300g carton cream cheese
- 200ml carton crème fraiche
- 60g (2oz) caster sugar
- 200g bar white chocolate, melted
- Cocoa, for dusting
- Mint leaves, to serve
- 20cm (8in) loose-bottomed cake tin, lined with baking parchment
- To make the base, crush the biscuits finely, either in a plastic bag with a rolling pin, or whizzing them in the bowl of a food processor. Stir the butter into the crumbs and then press the mixture firmly into the base of the cake tin and chill to set.
- To make the filling, arrange the raspberries over the biscuit base.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over 2 tablespoons water, leave it to sponge for a few minutes and then melt it, either in a microwave oven or over a pan of hot water.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, crème fraiche and caster sugar. Fold in the white chocolate and pour the mixture over the base.
- Chill the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Remove the cheesecake from the tin and remove the lining paper. Dust some cocoa powder over the top and decorate with sprigs of mint.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.