Broad beans with pancetta and almonds
- 60g whole blanched almonds
- 140g cubetti di pancetta or lardons
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, kept whole and squashed
- 450g broad beans, blanched in boiling water for 2 mins if fresh, defrosted if frozen
- Small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat a large frying pan until hot, add the almonds and dry-fry for 3-4 mins, shaking the pan occasionally until toasted and golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add the pancetta and garlic cloves to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5-10 mins until crispy.
- Add the beans, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for a further 3-4 mins until the beans are soft. Stir through the parsley and almonds before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 170(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.