Spicy tomato patatas bravas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Our spicy tomato patatas bravas recipe is a real winner. Spanish-style patatas bravas are crispy potatoes drenched in a delicious spicy tomato sauce. Triple tested: Spanish-style crispy potatoes drenched in a delicious spicy tomato sauce. Add extra chilli for a real kick! Brought to you by Essentials magazine. This recipes serves 6 people and will take 1hr to prepare and cook.
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 900g potatoes such as Maris Piper, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 700g jar passata
- 1tbsp fresh chopped oregano, or 11/2tsp dried
- 2tbsp sundried tomato paste
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4tbsp double cream
To prep ahead, cook the potatoes and sauce in advance and just heat through when you need them.
1. Heat 3tbsp oil in a frying pan. Season the potatoes with salt and black pepper and fryfor 20-30 mins, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp.
2. Add the onion, garlic and chilli, and cook for 5 mins. Add the passata, oregano, tomato paste and parsley. Season, then simmer for 10mins and stir in the cream.
3. To prep ahead, cook the potatoes and sauce in advance and just heat through when you need them.
Try our classic patatas bravas recipe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 264(kcal)
- Fat 13.0g
- Saturates 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.