Extra cheesy leek and bacon lasagne
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium leeks, sliced
- 250g rashers streaky bacon or pancetta
- Knob of butter
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 300g bag spinach
- 150g green beans, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- 6-8 sheets dried egg lasagne
- 125g mozzarella, torn
For the sauce
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 750ml full-fat milk
- 2tsp English mustard
- 100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oven to Mark 3/170°C. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the leeks and fry on a medium heat for 5 mins, then add the bacon and fry for 3-4 mins until crispy and golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a knob of butter to the pan and fry the mushrooms on a medium high heat for 2-3 mins until golden. Add the spinach and cook for2-3 mins until wilted. Return the leeks and bacon to the pan and toss together with the greenbeans to mix. Season with pepper and remove from heat.
- For the cheesesauce, melt the butter in a large pan, then stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 mins on a low heat stirring all the time. Gradually pour in the milk, stirring after each addition until smooth. Add the mustard and stir for 2-3 mins until it begins to thicken. Add the Cheddar, stir well and season.
- Spoon a third of the bacon and veg mix into a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish, top with a layer of lasagne sheets and pour over a third of the sauce. Repeat twice, finishing with a layer of sauce. Arrange the mozzarella on top and season with pepper. Put the dish on a baking tray and bake for 25-30 mins until bubbling and cooked through.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 516(kcal)
- Fat 36.0g
- Saturates 18.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.