Pesto potato salad with Parmesan crumbs
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Pesto potato salad with parmesan crumbs is our new go-to summer dish - who wouldn't love the flavours of a Jersey royal new potato served with a tasty, fresh basil pesto? Topped with crunchy parmesan crumbs for a great texture and flavour combination. Dripping in oil and pine nut flavours, this pesto potato salad with parmesan crumbs is going to go fast! A perfect dish to take to a BBQ or garden party, it's easy to make and delivers on flavour. You can even keep it in the fridge for a couple of days afterwards so it's a no waste recipe option.
- 700g baby new potatoes, halved if large
- Small bunch basil, roughly chopped
- Small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- 6tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the Parmesan crumbs:
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 50g Parmesan, grated, plus extra shavings
- 1tbsp olive oil
If there’s any left over, add to a frittata the next day for a quick and filling supper.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 12-15 mins until tender; drain and set aside.
- Put the herbs, garlic, Parmesan, oil and 2tbsp water in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Mix the pesto with the potatoes while still warm.
- Meanwhile, to make the crumbs, heat oven to Mark 6/200°C. Mix the breadcrumbs together with the Parmesan and spread out on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and transfer to the oven for 5-10 mins until golden and crunchy. Sprinkle over the potatoes and top with Parmesan shavings.
Try our classic potato salad recipe.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 280(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.