Harry Eastwood's honey and banana smoothie
Skill level: Easy peasy
Start the day with a refreshing breakfast smoothie that keeps you feeling full and counts as one of your five-a-day fruit portions. The kick of ginger will wake up your taste buds and helps to ease sickness too
- Small knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2tbsp honey
- 4tbsp probiotic/live yoghurt
- 1 medium, ripe banana
- Juice of 4 oranges
- Juice of Ĺ lemon
The protein from the yogurt will kick start your metabolism, the banana will keep you full for a couple of hours and the ginger and lemon will work as a detox.
- Finely grate the ginger into the bowl of the blender. Itís up to your taste how much you use. If you donít have fresh ginger, you can also replace it with a little dried ground ginger.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whizz up until completely blended.
- Drink soon after making to make the most of all the vitamins.