Fennel, sugarsnap pea and spring onion coleslaw
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our fennel, sugarsnap pea and spring onion coleslaw is a delicious, crunchy coleslaw that gives that classic recipe a tasty twist. Home-made coleslaw is nicer than shop-bought. The spring veg give it a fresh flavour and itís made with yogurt instead of mayo, so itís healthier, too. This recipe serves 6 people and makes the perfect side dish for a family BBQ or picnics. This recipe has been tripe tested in the Essentials test kitchen and will take around 20 mins to make.
- 1/2 white cabbage, outer leaves removed
- 1 fennel bulb, washed
- 6 spring onions,washed and trimmed
- 150g sugarsnap peas
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 200g Greek-style yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
Only 40p per person!
- Finely slice or shred the vegetables and put them in a bowl.
- Mix together the yogurt, lemon, parsley and mustard, season well and toss through the vegetables.
- Cover and chill the coleslaw until needed; stir well before serving.
Fancy making a traditional coleslaw? Use our classic coleslaw recipe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 85(kcal)
- Fat 4.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.