Very berry chocolate tray bake
- 175g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g butter, at room temp
- 3 organic free-range eggs, beaten
- 2-3tbsp milk
- 100g white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 150g raspberries, defrosted if frozen
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 200ml double or whipping cream, softly whipped
- Heat oven to 180°C (gas mark 4). Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin (the baking parchment should come up above the tin).
- Sieve flour and baking powder into a bowl, and stir in caster sugar. Add butter and eggs, and beat together using an electric whisk until the mix is light and falls from the beaters -you may need to add 2-3 tbsp milk to get the right consistency.
- Spoon half the mix into another bowl and add the white chocolate and 100g of the berries; mix until the berries begin to break, then set aside. Sift the cocoa powder into the remaining plain mixture, then fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the mixtures into the prepared tin, alternating colours. Drag a fork or skewer through the mix to marble the colours, scatter over the remaining berries and lightly press into the mix.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly, remove from the tin and slice into portions. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Like this tray bake? You'll love our collection of easy tray bake recipes
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 551(kcal)
- Fat 37.0g
- Saturates 22.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.