Harry Eastwood's French toast with bacon
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
The ultimate breakfast in bed! Cook Yourself Thin chef, Harry Eastwood, shows you how to turn ordinary bread into delicious French toast with honey-glazed bacon in just 10 minutes
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread (seeded wholemeal is even better)
- 1tsp groundnut or light vegetable oil
- 3 rashers of streaky bacon
- 1tbsp runny honey
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Crack the egg into a shallow bowl and beat it with a fork.
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture for 2 mins on each side. It helps to absorb the egg if you make some pinpricks in the bread with a fork.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a frying pan and add the soaked bread. Cook on a medium heat for a couple of mins until golden brown, then flip the toast over and cook for a further min on the other side.
- Remove the toast from the pan and set aside onto a plate.
- Fire up the heat under the frying pan and add the bacon rashers.
- Once cooked and crispy on both sides, add the honey to the pan and immediately take off the heat.
- Pile the bacon onto the toast and drizzle over the honey glaze.
- Sprinkle with a little smoked paprika before serving.