Harry Eastwood's honey and almond muesli
This muesli is packed with essential oils and protein from all the nuts and seeds, as well as slow-release energy from the oats. Eat each morning as a healthy breakfast or use as a topping for crumble
- 350g rolled oats
- 125g flaked almonds
- 125g sunflower seeds
- 125g pumpkin seeds
- 170g runny honey
- A pinch of salt
- 1tbsp cinnamon (optional)
- 100g dried cherries
- 100g dried goji berries
- 100g golden linseed
You can add in any of your favourite dried fruits or flavours to this muesli. Once made, this batch of muesli will keep for months in an airtight container.
- Preheat the oven at 150ºC/300ºF/gas mark 2.
- Line the oven tray with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Spread the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds onto the oven tray and into a hot oven for 10 mins to heat up. This will help to evenly distribute the honey mixture.
- Heat the honey and salt in a small bowl in the microwave, or in a pan on the stove top. Heat the honey for a minute or so, until the honey becomes really runny and is easy to pour over the muesli.
- Drizzle the hot honey mixture all over the warmed muesli and give it a good stir to coat evenly.
- Place back into the oven for the final 30 mins. Toss the ingredients half way through their cooking time in order to colour the contents evenly.
- When it’s ready, you’ll find that the muesli is quite pale, with little honey clusters.
- Remove from the oven and add the measured out the dried fruit, as well as the linseed. Sprinkle over the cinnamon (if using) and give a final stir. Cool well before storing or it will loose its crunch.