Spicy mini lamb burgers
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1 red onion, coarsely grated
- 1-2 fresh red chillis, finely chopped
- 6tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 200g natural yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and coarsely grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
Check you've got
- 1tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
2x250g bags Express Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 100g cashew nuts, toasted
- 1tbsp olive oil
Serve with green beans to get 1 of your 5-a-day.
- Mix together lamb mince, ground cumin and ground coriander, onion, breadcrumbs, 1⁄2 the chilli and 2tbsp coriander. Season and shape into 12 mini burgers. Chill for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt with the cucumber and 2tbsp fresh coriander. Season and chill.
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions, then toss through the remaining chilli and fresh coriander, lemon juice and cashews and season.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add burgers and cook for 3-4 mins each side, until cooked through. Serve with the rice and yogurt.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 680(kcal)
- Fat 32.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.