Prawn tikka masala
- 3tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 400g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6tbsp tikka masala curry paste
- 1/2tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2x400g tins chopped tomatoes
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- Juice of 1/2lemon
- 400g raw, peeled king prawns, defrosted if frozen
- 150g pot soured cream
- Heat the oil in a large wok or pan. Add the onion, garlic and potatoes, and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the curry paste and chilli powder, if using, and fry for a further minute, then mix in tomatoes, 1⁄2 the coriander, lemon juice and simmer for 10-15 mins, until thick.
- Add prawns and simmer for 5 mins until cooked through. Stir through soured cream and remaining coriander before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 406(kcal)
- Fat 22.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.