Peach and passion fruit pavlova
Prep time:plus cooling time
Skill level: Bit of effort
This peach and passion fruit pavlova definitely has the wow factor! Triple tested in our kitchen, you know this summery treat will be a hit with every one every time. Melt-in-the-mouth meringue with a gorgeous squidgy marshmallow centre, this is a recipe for success with everyone - even fussy little ones will love this sweet treat. This fruity pavlova takes 2 hours to make in total but it will be well worth the wait when you leave your guests in awe with the amazing treats you can whip up in the kitchen! You'll only six basic ingredients for the meringue. If you're short on time, it might be a good idea to make it ahead and then only adding the filling before you serve.
IngredientsFor the basic meringue
- 6 organic free-range egg whites
- 350g caster sugar
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- 1tsp vanilla paste or extract
For the filling
- 600ml double cream
- 75g icing sugar, sifted
- 4-8tbsp fruit liqueur (to taste) or anything fruity!
- 6 ripe peaches or nectarines, 4 sliced, 2 cut into chunks
- 4 passionfruits, seeds removed
For the meringue
- To make this pavlova, heat oven to Mark 1/ 130˚C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Whisk in the caster sugar until glossy and it forms stiff peaks; then whisk in the vinegar, cornflour and vanilla.
- Spoon 2/3 of the meringue onto 1 tray, and spread it out with a spoon to a 25cm circle with a slight 'lip'; use the remainder for a 15cm circle on the other tray. Put the smaller meringue on the lower shelf, the larger above and bake for 1 hr 30 mins. Cool in the oven.
For the filling
- Whisk together the cream and icing sugar until quite thick. Add the liqueur to taste and whisk briefly until softly whipped. Chill until required.
- Using a stick blender or liquidiser, purée the 2 chopped peaches with the passionfruit, then pass through a fine sieve to make a smooth coulis.
- To serve, carefully remove the baking paper from the meringues, put the large meringue on a serving plate, top with 2⁄3 cream, and scatter over 2⁄3 peach slices and some coulis. Put the other meringue on top, spoon over the rest of the cream, fruit and coulis.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 516(kcal)
- Fat 32.0g
- Saturates 20.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.