Cheese and mustard pasta
- 150g (5oz) quick-cook pasta, eg, penne
- ½ x 200ml carton crème fraîche
- 100g (3½oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 level tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1-2 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2-3 individual ovenproof dishes
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for the length of time directed on packet, or until just tender, then drain the pasta well into a colander.
- Tip the crème fraîche into the hot pan and place it on the hob to heat, then add most of the cheese, mustard and seasoning and mix until the cheese melts. Return the pasta to the pan and stir well to coat in the sauce.
- Divide the mixture between the ovenproof dishes and scatter the cubed bread on top, and then the reserved cheese.
- Bake the pasta for about 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the cubes of bread turn light golden in colour. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 190(kcal)
- Fat 13.5g
- Saturates 8.3g
- Sugars 0.0g
- Salt 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.