Smoked salmon and cream cheese risotto
- 25g butter
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g Arborio risotto rice
- 300ml dry white wine
- About 1.6 litres of hot vegetable stock
- 250g frozen petits pois
- 75g Parmesan, grated
- Large bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 150g pack Ail et Fines Herbes Boursin cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 115g smoked salmon trimmings
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 6-8 mins, until soft. Stir in the garlic, cook for 1 min, then stir in the rice and cook for a further 1-2 mins.
- Add the wine and simmer, stirring, until reduced by half, then add a ladleful of stock. Stir until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid, then continue adding the stock. This takes 15-20 mins - donít worry if you have some stock left over. Stir in the peas for the last 5 mins of cooking, then season and stir in the Parmesan and mint.
- Put a 150g pack Ail et Fines Herbes Boursin cheese in half the risotto; stir until melted. Remove from heat and fold in zest and juice 1 lemon and 115g smoked salmon trimmings. Divide between bowls, top with extra smoked salmon and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 688(kcal)
- Fat 34.0g
- Saturates 17.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.