Tana Ramsay's chocolate heaven cupcakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Tana Ramsay, celebrity chef and wife of Gordon Ramsay, has made these eye-catching and delicious chocolate cupcakes for you to make with your friends and family. The recipe makes these cakes scrumptiously moist and a real treat for any chocolate lover but really easy to make and won't leave you in the kitchen baking for hours! We recommend using Dairy Milk chocolate buttons to decorate these cupcakes.
- 175g (6oz) unsalted butter softened
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 25g (1oz) cocoa powder, sifted
- White chocolate buttons to decorate
For the butter icing:
- 115g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 175g (6oz) icing sugar, sifted
- 50g (1oz) cocoa powder, sifted
- To make this cupcake recipe, preheat the oven to 180ļC/350ļF/gas mark 4. If you want a more traditional cupcake recipe, see our chocolate cupcake recipe.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar, using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer or by hand, until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Place the paper cases in a cupcake tray and fill each halfway full with the mixture. Donít be tempted to overfill them as they will turn into a mess instead of a neatly contained cupcake.
- Bake for 15 mins, or until the cakes are well risen and spring back to the touch. Remove to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- To make the butter icing, place the butter, icing sugar and cocoa, along with 2 tbsp water, in a food processor with a whisk attachment, or into a large bowl (be prepared to use lots of elbow grease if you donít have the asset of electric beaters). Whisk for 5 - 10 mins (the longer, the better) to give the icing lots of volume. It will become deliciously light and glossy.
- Generously spread the icing on to the cupcakes with a palette knife. Decorate with white chocolate buttons, then serve.