Roasted rhubarb with lemon mascarpone
- About 1kg (2lb) forced pink rhubarb, trimmed and cut
- into 4cm (1½in) lengths
- Zest of 2 oranges, and some of the juice
- 150g (5oz) light muscovado sugar
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 6 tablespoons good-quality lemon curd
- 8 amaretti biscuits, or 4 ginger biscuits, or other biscuits of your choice
- Icing sugar, for dusting
Don’t stir the rhubarb once it’s cooked, otherwise it will break up — you want to keep as much shape as possible.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 7 or 220°C. Put the rhubarb in a large roasting tin or on a baking sheet; mix in the orange zest and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Roast for 10 minutes, stirring once, until just tender. Tip it into a large, shallow container, if you like. Leave to cool.
- Divide the rhubarb and its juice between 8 tumblers. Mix the mascarpone with the lemon curd and enough orange juice (2-4 tablespoons) to make a smooth, light mixture. Spoon on fruit in tumblers. Chill, if you like.
- Take out of fridge 30 minutes before serving. Scatter with roughly crushed biscuits and
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 262(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.