Rosemary and garlic lamb skewers
- 750g boneless lamb shoulder, cut in 4cm cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp rosemary, leaves only, chopped
- 4tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- for minty tzatziki
- 200g natural yogurt
- Cucumber, peeled, deseeded and grated
- Small handful mint, chopped
- 1/2tsp ground cumin
Leftover cooked lamb will keep for up to two days. Wrap well and leave in the fridge. Use to make a tomato-based curry.
- Mix the lamb with the garlic, rosemary, oil and lemon zest and leave to marinate for 1 hr or overnight .
- When ready to cook, season the meat with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Thread onto metal skewers and griddle on a hot BBQ for 5-6 mins (for medium rare), rotating occasionally until slightly charred on all sides. Cover
with foil and rest for 5 mins.
- For the tzatziki, combine all the ingredients, season to taste and serve with the hot lamb.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 290(kcal)
- Fat 18.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.