Barbecued sardines with rocket and lemon salsa
- 12 fresh sardines, cleaned and kept whole
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
For the salsa
- Zest of 2 lemons, juice of 1
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 50g wild rocket, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Season the sardines and brush with 1tbsp oil. Barbecue for 2-3 mins on each side depending on size, until cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together all the salsa ingredients and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer the sardines to a warm platter, spoon over the salsa and serve immediately
with the lemon wedges.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 365(kcal)
- Fat 22.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.