Creamy kiwi and rum butterscotch pots
For the rum butterscotch
- 50g butter
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 3tbsp dark rum (can be omitted for kids)
- 4tbsp double cream
For the lime cream
- 300g Philadelphia cheese
- 200ml double cream
- 3tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 ripe kiwis, peeled & sliced
Use heavy-bottomed tumblers to serve your dessert so you get to see all those gorgeous layers.
- In a pan, melt the butter and sugar, add the cinnamon and rum and bubble for 1 min. Gradually whisk in the cream. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together the Philadelphia cheese, cream, icing sugar and lime juice until thickened, but still soft. Spoon into glasses, layering with kiwi and the rum butterscotch.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 587(kcal)
- Fat 54.0g
- Saturates 33.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.