Creamy mushroom and spinach stroganoff
Skill level: Easy peasy
This easy mushroom stroganoff recipe combines garlic coated mushrooms with a kick of brandy liquor for a deliciously rich combination of flavours. We love serving our mushroom and spinach stroganoff with potato rosti to soak up all the creamy sauce and provide some crunchy texture. What is not to like? Even children will find it hard to resist mushrooms and spinach when they're served with a stroganoff sauce. If you fancy making this even more special then we recommend swapping the normal mushrooms for chestnut or porcini mushrooms in this mushroom and spinach stroganoff.
- 700g mixed button and chestnut mushrooms, halved if larger than bite-sized
- 175ml single cream
- 150g baby leaf spinach
- Small bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Pinch hot or sweet paprika
- 3tbsp brandy
- 270g pack potato rösti, to serve
This makes a great pie filling - just top with puff pastry and bake.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onion and garlic, and cook for 10 mins until golden. Add mushrooms, paprika and lots of black pepper, and fry over a high heat for 5 mins, stirring.
- Add brandy and a pinch of salt and bubble for 1-2 mins. Stir in the cream and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2-3 mins until slightly reduced.
- Stir in the spinach and parsley, and allow to wilt. Season well and serve with potato rösti.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 260(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.