Smokey veggie chilli tacos
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This mouth-watering smokey veggie chilli tacos recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious too. Triple tested: Lose the 'carne' from your chilli by using Quorn instead of beef mince and save pounds and cals! We guarantee you'll love it. Brought to you by Essentials magazine. This recipe serves 4 people and takes around 40 mins to prepare and make. It's a great way to serve your chilli if you're bored of the same old rice or salad. This recipe uses Quorn mince which means its suitable for vegetarians. The smoky flavour works wonders with the Quorn mince. Don't forget to serve with soured cream, guacamole and salsa.
- 350g pack Quorn mince
- 150ml soured cream, to serve
- 100g Cheddar, grated, to serve
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2tsp smoked paprika
- 2x400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp dark brown sugar
- 125ml red wine
- 420g can mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 350g chopped frozen vegetables
- 135g pack taco shells
Use any leftover chilli to make a veggie lasagne - layer up with lasagne sheets and cheese sauce. Bake for 30 mins until cooked through.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, on a medium heat, and fry the onion, chilli and garlic for about 10 mins until softened.
- Add the Quorn, paprika, tomatoes, sugar and wine, season and simmer for 10-15 mins. Add the beans and vegetables and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Season to taste, then spoon into the taco shells and serve with the soured cream and grated Cheddar cheese.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 678(kcal)
- Fat 35.0g
- Saturates 12.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.