Goats' cheese frittata
- 1 bunch spring onions, roughly chopped (reserve a few for the garnish)
- Handful basil, roughly chopped
- 200g soft goats’ cheese
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 400g cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 6 medium organic free-range eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
Brilliant for using up leftover cooked potatoes.
- Heat the oven toMark 5/190°C. Heat the oil in a small non-stick ovenproof frying pan (about 23cm diameter), add the spring onions and cook for 1 min until softened. Add the potatoes and basil, and stir into the spring onions.
- Whisk the eggs with the lemon zest, season well and pour into the pan. Use a spatula to stir the mixture over a medium heat until about half the egg is cooked. Crumble over the goats’ cheese, lightly pressing it into the egg. Transfer to the oven and cook for 15-20 mins until the egg is just set in the middle. Eat hot, or leave to cool. Serve with wedges.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 421(kcal)
- Fat 29.0g
- Saturates 12.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.