Crab and chilli pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Triple tested: Not strictly veggie but oh-so tasty and easy to make when you're short of time! Serve it with warm ciabatta to mop up your bowl. Brought to you by Essentials magazine
- 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of2 lemons, plus lemon wedges to serve
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Check you've got
- 6tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250g petits pois, defrosted
- 3x170g tins crabmeat, drained
- n350g spaghetti or linguine
Tinned tuna makes a good alternative to crab - make sure you've got some in the cupboard just in case!
- Heat the oil, chilli and garlic over a very low heat for 10 mins - the garlic should soften, but not colour. Add the peas and cook for 1 min, stirring.
- Mix in the lemon, crab and parsley, season well, and allow to heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per pack instructions. Drain and add the crab mixture. Stir through and serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 580(kcal)
- Fat 19.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.