Skill level: Easy peasy
This classic ratatouille recipe has been triple tested in our kitchens. Warming and comforting, a veggie packed ratatouille is easy to make with any leftover veggies you've got. This traditional ratatouille will take around 50 mins to prepare and cook and serves 8 people. A portion of this delicious vegetable mix works out at only 120 calories per serving. This dish is the perfect side with meat like chicken or white fish. You could toss through pasta or serve with potatoes. This ratatouille is ideal for vegetarians too. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days - reheat thoroughly before serving. This ratatouille recipe can be stored in the freezer too - use within 1 month and defrost in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 aubergines, roughly chopped
- 3 mixed peppers, roughly chopped
- 3 courgettes, roughly chopped (you could use 1 small marrow instead if you like)
- 2x400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 3tbsp tomato purée
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tsp Italian mixed dried herbs
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions, garlic, aubergines and peppers, and fry for 10 mins until soft.
- Add the courgettes and fry for 5 mins. Add rest of ingredients, season, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 mins, until tender.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 120(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.