Crunchy fish goujons
- 300g white fish,skinless boneless fillets, cut into thick strips
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 1 organic free-range egg, beaten
- 75g breadcrumbs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Sunflower oil for shallow frying
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the crumb mixture of your goujons for a spicy kick.
- Put the fish pieces into a large bowl and add the plain flour. Season well and toss altogether until the fish pieces are well coated. In a separate bowl, mix togther the breadcrumbs and lemon zest.
- Dip each piece in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumbs to coat. Heat the oil in a pain until very hot. Add the fish goujons and fry in batches for 3-4 minutes until golden and cooked through. Serve with the mayonnaise to dip.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 545(kcal)
- Fat 27.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.