Mediterranean vegetable chilli
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This tasty vegetable chilli recipe is so easy to make and perfect served with rice, tortilla chips and guacamole. This chilli has a Mediteranean twist. Lighten up a family fave – replace the mince with gorgeous juicy veg. This recipe will take 40 mins to prepare and cook and serves around 6 people. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving again. Choose vegetarian friendly cheese when serving this chilli to your vegetarian guests. Brought to you by Essentials magazine.
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, diced
- 3-pack of mixed peppers, deseeded and diced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 1 large aubergine, diced
- 4-6tsp Cajun spice mix
- 2x400g tins cherry tomatoes in juice
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained
- 250g bag of young spinach
- Put olive oil, diced red onions, mixed peppers, courgettes, large aubergine and Cajun spice mix in a large saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 10 mins. Add tins of cherry tomatoes in juice and kidney beans and simmer for a further 15 mins.
- Finally, stir through the spinach and serve with warm cheesy cornbread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 190(kcal)
- Fat 7.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.