- 250g fine cornmeal
- 100g plain flour
- 11/2tsp baking powder
- 375ml milk
- 50g butter, melted
- 1tsp English mustard powder
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 200g Cheddar, grated
- 1 mild red chilli, finely chopped
- 50g Cheddar, grated
- Heat the oven to Mark 5/190°C. Line a 20x28cm baking tin (at least 3cm deep) with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix the fine cornmeal, plain flour, baking powder, milk, melted butter, English mustard powder, free-range eggs, spring onions. Season. Mix in Cheddar, pour into the tin, scatter over mild red chilli and grated Cheddar.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden and firm. Cool slightly; cut in pieces.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 193(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.