Chicken wrapped in Italian ham
Skill level: Bit of effort
Just add salad and some crusty bread to these mini chicken and ham wraps. Perfect for a light lunch, dinner or on their own as a starter or eat them cold on picnics.
- 4 chicken breasts, skin and bones removed
- 12 sage leaves
- 12 Proscuitto-crudo ham slices
- 2 tbsp. flour, for dusting
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 100 ml dry white wine
If you can't get prosciutto, any kind of cured ham will do.
- Slice each chicken breast into 3 long strips. Top with a sage leaf and wrap around with a slice of the proscuitto crudo, making sure that chicken and sage are well enclosed. Repeat with all 12 chicken strips. Dust them all lightly in flour.
- Heat the oil and butter in a heavy non stick pan and add the proscuitto wrapped chicken to sauté on all sides, about 5-6 minutes until lightly browned. Now add the wine and simmer for another 3-4 minutes until sauce is reduced by half.
- Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.