Blue cheese and spinach tart
- 375g (13oz) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 250g (8oz) spinach leaves
- 30g (1oz) grated fresh Parmesan
- 285g jar artichokes in olive oil, well-drained (or similar product)
- 3 large eggs
- 100g (half a pot) crème fraîche, or double cream
- 100g (3½oz) blue cheese
- 33 x 23cm (13 x 9in) Swiss roll tin
Dust a little flour onto your rolling pin when rolling the pastry out to make sure it doesn't stick
- Roll out the pastry sheet a little larger to line the tin base and up the sides. Prick the base with a fork. Chill the pastry case while the oven heats up to gas mark 6 or 200°C.
- Wash spinach and steam in a pan until wilted. Leave to drain in a colander. Sprinkle Parmesan over the pastry base. Spread artichokes and the well-drained spinach on top.
- Beat together the eggs and crème fraîche, or cream, and pour over the tart filling. Crumble the blue cheese on top.
- Cook tart, below the centre of oven, for 30 mins, until the pastry is golden and the filling set. Cut into slices. Serve hot or cold.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 190(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 6.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.