- 30g caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 70g light muscovado sugar
- 3 medium organic free-range eggs
- 40g plain flour, sifted
- 15g cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 65g ground almonds
For the filling
- 200ml double cream
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 50g milk chocolate, chopped
- 225g dulce de leche (or toffee sauce)
- 2-3 ripe bananas, sliced
- Heat oven to Mark 5/190°C. Line a 33x23cm Swiss-roll tin with baking paper, lightly butter then sprinkle with caster sugar and shake out excess.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the sugars and eggs until pale and thick - the mixture should leave a ribbon-like trail when the whisk is lifted out. Fold in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and almonds. Pour into tin and bake for 12 mins, until springy.
- Remove from the oven and cool in tin for 5 mins. Roll up the cake, leaving the paper on, and leave until totally cold.
- Whip the cream and vanilla until stiff, then add the chocolate. Carefully unroll the cake and spread with dulce de leche and bananas, then top with cream. Roll back up, removing the paper as you go. Put on a serving plate and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 372(kcal)
- Fat 25.0g
- Saturates 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.