Honey BBQ ribs
Watch Phil Vickery's video below, for his best barbecue tips.
- 8 pork ribs
- 6 medium fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup honey
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1tsp English mustard
- Steam the ribs in an oven tray covered in cling film for 2-3 hours on about 140°C.
- Bake the tomatoes in a hot oven at 220°C for 10-15 mins until they start to brown.
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and simmer for 5 mins, then place into a blender and blend on high before straining through a sieve.
- Add water to make a thick sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and more English mustard as required.
- Remove the cling film from the ribs and pour over the sauce and bake in a moderate oven for 20-30 mins or on the barbecue until the sauce has slightly chared and caramelised and the ribs are piping hot all the way through.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.