Couscous with sausages
In just 30 minutes this savoury and satisfying supper dish can be on the table! Your kids will love the combination of fluffy couscous and spicy sausages and it's a great way to get them to eat their veg as well!
- 500 g packet couscous
- dash of light olive oil
- 2 courgettes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 red onions
- Hand full of cashew nuts/pine nuts(whichever you fancy, both work well)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 1 green chilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pack of Kabanos sausages
If you can't find kabanos use chorizo or spicy sausages instead
- Follow directions on pack of couscous - usually empty contents into a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to stand for 10minutes.
- Chop peppers, onions, courgettes, garlic and chilli.
- Stir fry in a hot pan with the oil. Once softened add the cans of tinned tomato.
- Season, and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Chop and add Kabanos, parsley and nuts.
- Stir through for 5 minutes.
- Stir in couscous.