Roasted balsamic tomato and olive salad
- 500g medium vine tomatoes (on the vine to roast)
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 330g jar pitted Kalamata olives, drained and halved
- 2tbsp capers in brine, drained and well rinsed
These tomatoes are really tasty cold - add to cooked Puy lentils with crumbled goats’ cheese for a light lunch.
- Heat the oven to Mark 6/200°C. Arrange the vine tomatoes in a large roasting tin. Scatter over the sliced onion and thyme, drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and oliveoil and season well with salt and black pepper. Roast for 15-20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving dish with all the juices, then sprinkle over the olives and capers.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 127(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.