Raspberry and custard tarts
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 6tsp raspberry jam
- 500ml fresh ready-made vanilla custard
- 1 medium organic free-range egg
- 150g raspberries
Whizz up leftover raspberries with a squeeze of lemon and a little icing sugar, then sieve for a great coulis. Fab on top of ice cream!
- Heat the oven to Mark 7/220ｰC. Cut the pastry into 6 squares and score a 1cm border inside each. Prick inside the border with a fork, arrange on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 mins or until pale golden and risen. Remove from the oven and turn heat down to Mark 4/180ｰC.
- Press down the middle of each square to create a case. Spread 1tsp raspberry jam over the base of each case.
- Whisk the custard with the egg and divide evenly between the cases. Dot with the raspberries and bake for 15-20 mins or until just set.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 353(kcal)
- Fat 18.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.