Mushroom, leek and pea pasta
- 8 baby leeks, sliced
- 400g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 142ml pot double cream
- Half a bunch chives, finely chopped
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
Check you've got
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200ml white wine
- Good grating fresh nutmeg
- 250g frozen petits pois
- 50g Parmesan cheese or vegetarian alternative, grated
- 300g dried pappardelle pasta
Top tip: If there's any left over, stir through extra cheese sauce, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and grated cheese and bake for 20 mins.
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep frying pan. Add the onion, leeks and garlic, cover and cook for 5 mins until softened.
- Remove the lid, turn up the heat, add the mushrooms and cook for 5 mins until golden. Pour in the white wine, add the nutmeg and simmer for 5 mins. Add the petits pois and cream, bring to a simmer for about 3 mins, then stir through the herbs and Parmesan or alternative.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, drain and return to the pan. Pour in the sauce, toss together, season and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 664(kcal)
- Fat 31.0g
- Saturates 16.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.