Speedy salmon steaks
- Small bunch dill, finely chopped
- 4xWild Alaskan salmon steaks
- 500g baby new potatoes
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4tbsp crème fraîche
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Check you've got
- 2tbsp runny honey
- 1/2tbsp sunflower oil
- 50g butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4tbsp dry sherry or white wine
- 2tsp wholegrain mustard
- Heat oven to Mark 6/200°C. Mix the honey with half the dill and the oil, drizzle over the salmon and rub in. Bake in a lightly oiled tray for 10 mins, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 8-10 mins until tender. Drain well, then add half the butter, the remaining dill, and season.
- Melt remaining butter in a pan, add the shallots and cook gently for 5 mins until soft. Increase heat, add sherry or wine and mustard, simmer until reduced by half. Add the cucumber and cook, stirring for 5 mins. Add the parsley and crème fraiche to heat through. Serve with the salmon and potatoes and lemon wedges.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 573(kcal)
- Fat 35.0g
- Saturates 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.