Herby pork steak
- 4x150g British free-range pork loin steaks
- Handful flat-leaf parsley
- Handful basil leaves
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, sliced and blanched
- 150g baby leaf spinach
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices thick white bread, crusts removed and torn
- 4tsp green olive tapenade
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 25g Parmesan, shaved
- 750g potato wedges - make your own
You can try this recipe using chicken breast or lamb chops too
- Heat grill to medium. Arrange the pork steaks between 2 sheets of clingfilm then, using a rolling pin, bash each to 11⁄2cm thick. Heat 1tbsp oil in a frying pan, add 2 steaks, season and cook for 2-3mins each side until golden. Cook remaining steaks and put on a baking tray.
- In a food processor, whizz the bread with the parsley, basil and 1tbsp oil, then spread each pork steak with tapenade and top with the crumbs. Grill for 3-4 mins until the topping is golden and the pork cooked through.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a frying pan, fry garlic and courgette for 3 mins. Add broccoli and spinach, stir until tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve with the pork and wedges.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 667(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.