Spring onion and Pancetta omelette
- 3 medium organic free-range eggs, beaten
- Large knob of butter
- 1/2tbsp olive oil
- 70g cubetti di pancetta
- Spring onions, sliced
- 50g Gruyere cheese, grated
- Season the eggs well; melt the butter with the oil in a 20cm non-stick pan over a medium-high heat. Swirl around the pan, increase heat, then pour in the eggs.
- Swirl around the pan, then leave for a few secs so the eggs begin to set. Using a fork, pull the mix into the middle from the edge, so that raw egg runs into gaps.
- Continue until the base is almost set (the top will still seem a bit runny). Either fold and serve at this stage for a plain omelette, or add your filling ingredients.
- Fry the pancetta for a few mins, until it releases some fat. Add some spring onions and fry for a couple of mins. When the omelette is ready, spoon in the pancetta and spring onions, then scatter over GruyŤre
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 390(kcal)
- Fat 34.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.