Lorraine Pascale's easy Maltesers cheesecake
Serves: 6 - 8
Prep time:(plus 30 minutes chilling time)
Cooking time:(to set in the fridge)
Skill level: Easy peasy
This easy cheesecake recipe is really simple to make and features everyone's favourite chocolate treat - Maltesers! So what's not to love? This easy cheesecake recipe is a wickedly crunchy vanilla cheesecake which uses crushed Maltesers in the base as well as in the creamy filling. This simple cheesecake recipe perfect for parties, because of its fun twist and mouthwatering flavour - everyone will go nuts for this chocolatey treat! You can also serve this no bake cheesecake for pudding after a nice meal, as it will serve 6-8 people. Lorraine Pascale's Maltesers cheesecake may take a little time to make and chill but this dessert is well worth the wait. Store this cheesecake in the fridge and eat within 2 days. This cheesecake is best made, served and eaten on the same day, but you probably won't have any leftovers anyway! Decorate this cheesecake with plenty of Maltesers and serve with a dash of cream or more Maltesers - the choice is yours!
For the base:
- 100g digestive biscuits
- 200g Maltesers
- 125g melted butter, plus extra for buttering the pan
For the filling:
- 800g cream cheese
- 200ml sour cream
- 200g icing sugar
- Couple of drops of vanilla extract
- 100ml double cream
- 150g roughly crushed Maltesers extra whole ones to decorate the top if desired.
Cheesecake fan? Of course you are. Take a look at our other cheesecake recipes.
Try not to eat too many Maltesers while you're making this. Not easy!
- For the base of the Maltesers cheesecake: Butter a 20 cm spring form pan with melted butter.
- Whizz the base ingredients in a blender until they are like fine breadcrumbs.
- Pour this crumb mixture into a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix everything together then tip into the spring form pan. Press it down so it is level and compact with the back of a large spoon then put the tin in the fridge for a good 30 mins to firm up.
- For the topping: Put the cream cheese, sour cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat together until combined.
- In another bowl whisk the double cream until to a medium peak.
- Pour the whipped cream in a bowl with the cream cheese, sour cream, icing sugar and vanilla and fold gently together.
- Add the crushed Maltesers and fold to combine.
- To assemble: Take the tin containing the biscuit base from the fridge and tip the creamy mixture over the top of it. Spread it around to level and then bang the tin a couple of times on the work surface to make sure it touches the base mixture evenly and there are no gaps.
- Place the Maltesers cheesecake in the fridge for an hour or two to set. Once ready to serve, remove from the fridge and press the Maltesers into the topping if using. Cut and serve.