Cheese and bacon and Coronation chicken vol-au-vents
IngredientsFor the cases
- 375g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- Cheesy bacon
- 3 rashers smoked back bacon, cutinto small pieces
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 80g Taleggio cheese
- 4tbsp crème fraîche
- 12 chives, snipped
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- 1tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tbsp korma paste
- 2tsp mango chutney
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, chopped
- Small bunch fresh coriander
- Heat oven to Mark 7/220°C. Using a 5cm cutter, cut out 24 pastry rounds. To make a border, press a 3cm cutter lightly into the centre of each round, to make an indentation. Prick the middle witha fork, brush with egg and cook ona baking tray for 8-10 mins until golden and risen.
- For the bacon filling, gently fry the bacon with the shallots for 3-4 mins, stir in the Taleggio with the crème fraîche and allow to melt slightly. Add chives and pinenuts, keeping a few for garnish. Season with black pepper.
- For the coronation chicken filling, combine the mayo, korma paste and chutney. Add the cooked chicken and stir to combine.
- Remove the vol-au-vents from the oven, carefully press the middle circle down in each before filling half with the cheesy mixture, then sprinkle with the remaining chives and pine nuts. Fill the rest with the coronation chicken mixture and garnish with the coriander.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 394(kcal)
- Fat 29.0g
- Saturates 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.