Cream jelly with vanilla strawberries
Prep time:(plus 3-4 hours chilling)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Smooth strawberries and cream jelly with juicy marinated berries and crushed almond biscuits to serve
- 135g pack strawberry-flavour jelly
- 300ml carton single cream
- 150ml (¼ pint) milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 300g (10oz) strawberries
- 30g (1oz) caster sugar
- About 12 amaretti or similar-type biscuits, for serving
- 500ml (16fl oz) jelly mould
If you don’t want to serve all of the jelly at the same time, you could set the mixture in individual moulds.Sue McMahon
- Divide the jelly into cubes and place in a large measuring jug. Pour in 150ml (¼ pint) boiling water and stir until the jelly dissolves. Cool until it almost starts to thicken, then whisk in the cream and milk and ½tsp of the vanilla extract. Pour into a serving bowl or jelly mould. Chill for 3-4 hours until set.
- Remove stalks from the strawberries and chop fruit. Put in a bowl with the sugar, the remaining ½tsp of vanilla extract and 2tsp water. Stir and leave for 30 mins for a syrup to form.
- Dip jelly mould briefly in hot water and turn jelly out on to a plate. Serve with the marinated strawberries and roughly crushed biscuits.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 385(kcal)
- Fat 19.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.