Turkey escalopes with apple and blueberry sauce
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- About 275g (9oz) free-range turkey breast escalopes
- 1 apple, quartered, cored and cut into wedges (try Pink Lady or Jazz apples)
- A few thyme sprigs
- 250ml bottle pressed apple juice
- 1tsp honey
- 60g (2oz) blueberries
- 2tbsp dry couscous per person, to serve
- A small handful, about 30g (1oz), frozen soya beans or peas per person, to serve
- To make up the couscous: Put it in a bowl with the frozen vegetables, pour over enough boiling water to cover, and leave for 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Season the turkey escalopes and cook for about 2 mins on each side until browned all over. Take out of the pan and set aside in a warm oven.
- Add the apple wedges and thyme to the pan, and cook for a few mins to brown the apple. Take out and put in the oven with the turkey.
- Pour the apple juice into the pan, bring to the boil, add the honey and reduce the liquid by about half. Then put the turkey back in, cook for a min and add the apples and blueberries. Heat through before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 300(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.