Gammon with creamy onion and mustard sauce
- 250-300g (8-10oz) new potatoes
- 60g (2oz) tenderstem broccoli
- 60g (2oz) sugar-snap peas
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- A few sage leaves
- 2 dry-cured, unsmoked gammon steaks, about 250g (8oz) each
- 100ml (3½fl oz) crème fraîche
- 1tbsp coarse-grain mustard
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and ground black pepper
Add sliced mushrooms (about 125g/4oz) to the sauce, if you like, and use a little paprika instead of the mustard.
- Put the potatoes into a pan of boiling water and cook for 12 mins. Balance the broccoli on top of the potatoes for the last 4 mins and add the peas for the last 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan, add the oil, onion and sage leaves. Cook for a few minutes, then push to one side and add the gammon steaks. Cook for 4-5 mins. Take out the gammon and put on to 2 plates. Take out the sage.
- Stir the crème fraîche and mustards into the pan, and heat through. Season.
- Divide the vegetables and gammon between 2 serving plates. Spoon the sauce over. If you like, you can put the sage leaves in the sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 608(kcal)
- Fat 31.0g
- Saturates 16.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.