Gizzi Erskine's potato skins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These delicious, low-calorie potato skins with soured cream and chives recipe is from the brand new series of Cook Yourself Thin, which starts on Channel 4 on Monday 7th June 2010
- 3 medium baking potatoes, pricked
- 6 spritzs of olive oil spray
- Sea salt and black pepper, to season
- 150ml pot of soured cream
- 1tsp chives, snipped
'Potato skins are lower in calories as less of the floury part of the potato is used. They're also baked rather than fried saving lots of calories. The soured cream and chives are lower in fat and calories too.'Gizzi Erskine, Cook Yourself Thin chef
- Heat the oven to 180ºC. Bake the potatoes until tender, about 45 mins. Cool and cut each potato into 4 wedges. Scoop out most of the cooked potato (keep and use for mash or fishcakes - you can freeze it), leaving a shell of potato and skin about 8mm thick. Spritz with oil on both sides and season.
- Put on a baking tray, set on top of an oven tray. Bake for 30 mins or until crisp and golden.