Hairy Bikers' chicken fajitas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Chicken fajitas are always a great idea for a fun dinner with friends, and this recipe by The Hairy Bikers makes them so easy to make. The Hairy Bikers' Mexican chicken fajitas recipe are really quick to make - it'll only take you 40 mins to make them from scratch, so you'll have a delicious homemade dinner ready in less than an hour. This chicken fajitas recipe is also super easy to make. This recipe serves only 2 people, so double quantities if you're feeding a bigger crowd. The Hairy Bikers have done it again with yet another great dish for the dynamic cooking duo. Each piece of chicken is tenderly cooked and works wonders with the soft, spiced veggies and wrapped in flour tortillas. This recipe is great for using up leftover chicken too - just warm through and add to your wraps.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2tbsp hot chilli powder
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 100g green beans
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- A handful of coriander, chopped (optional)
- Soured cream or guacamole, to serve
Guacamole is a Mexican dip made from avocados. It goes perfectly in fajitas. Make your own with our easy guacamole recipe
- To make this chicken breast recipe, heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Fry the chicken and quickly brown all over.
- Add the chilli powder and cook for 1 min.
- Transfer the chicken onto a plate and in the same pan cook the onion and red pepper until softened.
- Add the green beans, tomatoes and the chicken, cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Stir in the coriander and roll in warm tortillas.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.